Wheats of the World
2. Persian Wheat
2. A flexible stemmed wheat just visible as a
group of darker spikes near the left corner post.
4. Oriental Wheat
4. Not visible in this photograph, hidden behind 3
6. Vavilovi Wheat
6. Moderately tall stems topped by seed spikes, many of which are characteristically branched.
8. Macha Wheat
8. Moderately tall stems with blue-green leaves,
just visible behind the Club Wheat (7).
10. Spelt or Dinkel
10. Moderately tall blue-green stems with seed spikes, visible behind the Bread Wheat (9).
1. Polish Wheat
1. A number of seed spikes visible, especially a large one just above the right side support cane.
3. Rivet or Cone Wheat
3. Tall stems with bluish-green leaves topped by the awned seed spikes.
5. Indian Shot Wheat
5. Short stiff stems with small seed spikes that first appeared in June.
7. Club Wheat
7. Moderately tall stems with compact yellow-green seed spikes.
9. Bread Wheat
9. Shorter stems produced for commercial purposes by many years of genetic breeding.